Reporting To: HR & Legal Director
You will act as the sole in-house Commercial Paralegal for ip.access with a focus on commercial and IP legal matters. ip.access has an international customer and supplier base and you will be working with the different teams within the organisation to ensure that that the contractual and legal aspects related to the business are covered.
1. The creation, review, and management of all commercial contracts of ip.access in relation to customers (business to business however for products which are both used in business and consumer applications), suppliers and other third party partners as well as ensuring that the organisation has the necessary knowledge to manage the contracts; and
2. Set Up and manage separate arrangements with 3rd party legal and other external support organisations
3. The review and response to any RFQs and RFPs and other offers for the purpose of the contractual/commercial sections; and
4. Review and response to NDA's
5. Reviewing the use of open source software in the company from a licensing perspective in accordance with the Company software approval processes; and
6. Developing and maintaining the Company's standard contracts and processes related to contracts and commercial undertakings; and
7. Advising on IP issues related to patent licensing and litigation; and
8. Advising on Data Protection and Privacy matters with competence to implement the company's data protection policy; and
9. Follow changes in applicable law and advise the organisation on changes that are necessary to e.g. company policy and procedures; and
10. Any other matters as agreed on a case by case basis;
• More than 2 years of post-qualification experience in drafting and advising on commercial contracts (equipment and service supply, outsourcing, marketing, distribution to name but a few) preferably in the telecommunications industry.
• Fluency in English is required to fill this role. Any other language skills are a plus.
• Strong stakeholder management and engagement experience with clear oral/written communication skills
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills
• Good understanding of general commercial contracting principles and willingness to apply them autonomously when working in an international environment
Has (preferably) a good understanding of telecommunications environment and mobile technology and is aware of new advances that are likely to affect the organisation.
Possess strong communication skills and is comfortable in discussing ideas and solutions with others in order to successfully resolve issues. Identifies relevant information, who to communicate it to and the appropriate means by which to do so. Can communicate effectively with remote working teams.
Able to convert information to the level required for the target audience
Is comfortable working within a global environment and is able to effectively communicate across different time zones and with different nationalities. Has experience of working within a matrix environment and contributes positively and effectively to team goals. Encourages collaborative team spirit and maintains team harmony even when under pressure. Able to mentor and support team members in areas of own expertise.
Is a self-starter, demonstrates a 'can-do' attitude and is able to adapt to new role requirements with ease.
Demonstrates self-drive, focus and a determination to succeed. Applies initiative when required and takes ownership for achievement of own activities.
Values the contributions of others and is able to accept and apply constructive criticism
Commercial Paralegal (Posted: 26th April 2018)
Full job description
Job Role: Manufacturing Systems Engineer
Functional Area: Manufacturing Operations
This role is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of Manufacturing Systems for our 2G, 3G and 4G FemtoCell products. Additionally the role includes support of the production process and support for shipments to customers. This role may require occasional travel to support our OEMs.
The role requires a self-starter with a good knowledge RF testing, SW development and control of remote systems.
• Design, develop and maintain the SW for our various Manufacturing Systems and tools. These are written in a mix of:
o NI Test Stand V2 and V4
o Visual Basic
• Develop and maintain the HW for our various Manufacturing Test Systems.
• Perform development and diagnostic integration and testing of Manufacturing Systems.
• Support the introduction of new product to the factory including the preparation of new Manufacturing Test Systems..
• Provide support for shipments at the level of configuring product and changing SW.
Note. As a member of a small team with responsibility for delivery to customers there may also be the need for occasional manual handling of boxed product.
• Review production test requirements for new developments.
• Produce and review plans for allocated tasks.
• As required, provide technical input into meetings with internal engineering teams and suppliers.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Completion of design and development tasks as per agreed plans & specifications.
• Provision of accurate work estimates for design, development & maintenance activities.
• Ability to follow specified development processes and contributes to process development as necessary.
• Ability to own production tools and to suggest improvements.
• Ability to highlight risks, issues & mitigation options at the earliest instance.
Training to be Given:
• Company induction program.
• Introduction to System, AP software and AP hardware architectures.
• Product Development & Maintenance - processes & procedures.
• Configuration Management & Build systems for software development and maintenance.
• Allocation of personal Mentor from existing team.
• Occasional overseas travel to interact with CEMs may be required.
• Experience of 2G, 3G and 4G RF test using Vector Signal Analyzers and Vector Signal generators.
• Experience of Windows programming using python
• Good understanding of test equipment control using SCPI
• Delivery focused development & ability to switch between multiple tasks.
• Experience of National Instruments Test Stand V2 and V4
• An understanding of C/C++ and Visual Basic.
• An understanding of digital product and switch mode PSU test.
• Basic knowledge of Linux OS command line.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes (e.g. SMT, AOI, ICT
) and manufacturing test equipment (e.g. JTAG, RF Test equipment)
• Degree qualified or sufficient experience to be equivalent.
Has a good understanding of telecommunications environment and mobile technology and is aware of new advances that are likely to affect the organisation. Understands the impact of production on a company's strategic goals..
Possess good communication skills and is comfortable in discussing ideas and solutions with others in order to successfully resolve issues. Identifies relevant information, who to communicate it to and the appropriate means by which to do so. Can communicate effectively with remote working teams.
Is comfortable working within a small team. Encourages collaborative team spirit and maintains team harmony even when under pressure.
Is a self-starter, demonstrates a 'can-do' attitude and is able to adapt to new role requirements with ease. Applies initiative when required and takes ownership for achievement of own activities.
High Standards & Integrity
Sets and maintains high standards of delivery and performance for self, Department and the organisation. Demonstrates a strong attention to detail, combined with a thorough, and methodical approach.
Manufacturing Systems Engineer (Posted: 20th April 2018)
Full job description